Business Visa For U.S., America Visa For Portuguese Citizens

The countries of Portugal and the United States have many similarities in terms of culture, geography, and language. However, when it comes to visas for its citizens traveling to the U.S., Portugal has a much more difficult visa process than America does.

What is a Business Visa?

A BUSINESS VISA FOR US allows foreign nationals to enter the United States to conduct business. This visa is also known as a B-1, B-2, or B-3 visa. There are three types of business visas: A nonimmigrant visa for individuals who are traveling to the United States for pleasure or recreation; a temporary resident visa for individuals who will be in the United States for a specific purpose, such as attending a meeting or convention; and an immigrant visa for aliens who will reside in the United States permanently. The type of business you plan to do while in the U.S. is one of the factors that determines which type of visa you need.

If you are a professional athlete, entertainer, artist, or scientist invited to visit by your American employer and stay no more than 90 days, you may be eligible for a B-1 business visitor visa. If you have an invitation from an American institution such as a university, research center, corporation, or government agency and your visit is not primarily commercial in nature and does not involve any paid activities outside of your visits to those institutions, you may be eligible for a B-2 business visitor visa. If you are coming to the U.S. solely to give presentations at trade shows or conventions that will last no more than six months and do not meet either of these criteria, you may be eligible for a B-3 business visitor visa.

Types of Business Visas

There are three types of business visas for citizens of the United States: A-1, A-2, and B-1/B-2. Here’s a breakdown of each:

A-1 Visa: For businessmen who need to enter the U.S. for meetings or business activities that will not result in any physical presence in the country. This type of visa is valid for up to six months and requires a sponsorship from a U.S. company. AMERICA VISA FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS

A-2 Visa: For businessmen who need to enter the U.S. for longer than six months but do not require a sponsoring company. This type of visa is valid for one year and does not require a visa application interview or an appointment with a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

B-1/B-2 Visa: For professionals who need to enter the U.S., but do not have any other visa options available to them due to their occupation or field of study (e.g., doctors, lawyers). These visas are valid for up to six months and must be applied for through a U.S Embassy or Consulate; however, they are generally easier to obtain than A-1 and A-2 visas and do not usually require an interview with a consular officer or sponsorship from a U.S company

How to Apply for a Business Visa for U.S.?

If you are a Portuguese citizen and you want to start or expand your business in the United States, you will need a business visa. There are different types of business visas that can suit your needs, so be sure to consult with an immigration lawyer to find the best one for you.

The most common type of business visa is the B-1 visa. This allows foreign nationals who are visiting the United States for business purposes to stay in the country for up to three months. You will need documentation proving that your visit is for business purposes and that you have the financial resources to support yourself while in the United States.

If you want to stay longer than three months, you will need a B-2 visa. This type of visa is only available to businessmen who have been invited by a U.S. company to participate in a trade show, convention, or other event. To qualify for this type of visa, you must provide proof that your participation is necessary and that your presence will not cause any harm to U.S. interests.

If you are planning on starting or expanding your business in more than one state, you will need a B-1/B-2 visa in each state where you plan on doing business. You can also apply for a single-state B-1/B-2 visa if all of your activities will take place within one state.

How to Apply for a USA B1/B2 Temporary Visitor Visa?

To apply for a USA B1/B2 temporary visitor visa, you will need to provide the following:

– Your passport with valid entry stamps and visas for your intended stay in the U.S.

– A current photo ID

– Proof of financial support for your trip, such as proof of travel expenses or an employment contract

– Evidence that you are not a criminal or terrorist threat to the U.S. (if applicable)

– A completed application form DS-160 and fee

Once you have gathered all of the required documents, you can go to a U.S. Embassy or Consulate and submit them with your application form DS-160. You will need to provide your passport and all supporting documents at this stage, as well as pay the application fee.

Pros and Cons of applying for this visa

There are many pros and cons to applying for a business visa. The main pro is that you will be able to stay in the United States for up to two years, which is much longer than a tourist visa would allow. The downside is that you must meet certain requirements, such as having a legitimate business reason for visiting the United States and being able to support yourself financially while in the country. Additionally, there is a fee associated with obtaining a business visa, so it’s important to weigh the benefits and costs before making an application.


If you are looking to travel to the United States, America has some of the most accommodating visa policies in the world. As a Portuguese citizen, you may be eligible for a business visa if your company can demonstrate that it will have no negative impact on American businesses or workers. If you are interested in applying for a business visa, our team at The Law Office of Gordon J. Hirabayashi can help walk you through the process and make sure you meet all the necessary requirements.

Leave a Comment